måndag 4 april 2016

Review: ...And Out Come The Wolves (Rancid)

...And Out Come The Wolves is a studio album by Rancid. It's their third studio album and was released the 22nd of august 1995 through epitaph records. The name comes from Rancids' popularity. The band had a catchy, popular songs and hence began a bidding war between record labels.
The Album has a heavy influence of Ska. Along with Green Day's Dookie, among others, this album helped revive punk in the mid 90's.

I have listened to this album quite a lot; or at least a handful of tracks on it. I am the kind of person who usually only falls for one or two tracks on an album but "...And Out Come The Wolves" is an exception (as is the case with a few other Rancid albums, namely "..Honor is all We Know..." And "Indestructible"). I immediately picked up the tunes of "Time Bomb" which I already absolutely loved from the "Time Bomb" single. I like the Ska sound and the more hardcore punk rythm, it's fast but not stressy, it's heavy but still light and skippy, it's dirty but not shitty, in short, it's really good.

The songs I continuously listen to on this album are: Time Bomb, The Wars End, Roots Radicals, As Wicked and You don't care nothin'. These songs are forever stuck in my heart and the tunes are stuck in my head. I even read up the tabs for the songs and played them.

Except for the songs I mentioned above, I don't listen too much on the album. I will, though. There's a lot more to discover in this fine album than what I have already found. ...And Out Come The Wolves is a personal favourite of mine, and I do encourage you to listen to it.
Rancid - ...And Out Come the Wolves cover.jpg

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar